You can use essential oil as a face oil. Before applying the oil on your face, mix it with a carrier oil or dilute it in water to reduce its potent effects. Did you know essential oils are an important ingredient of a facial mask? Just add about 4 drops of essential oil to your facial mask before you use it.
According to clinical research, essential oils are effective in treating acne by minimizing inflammation, they’re antifungal and inhibit the growth of bacteria. Researchers also say that these oils will assist in reducing aging signs as well as protecting your skin from the harmful effects of free radicals. The focus on this guide, however, is how you can use essential oils on your skin. How can you include them in your daily beauty plan?
What Are The Best Essential Oils For Skin Care?
- 1 What Are The Best Essential Oils For Skin Care?
- 1.1 14 Bite-sized Tips for Using Essential Oils on your Skin
- 1.1.1 Tea Tree Oil For Preventing Breakouts
- 1.1.2 Tea Tree Oil Acne Remedy Ingredients
- 1.1.3 How To Use Tea Tree Oil to Prevent Acne Breakouts
- 1.1.4 Rosehip Oil For Wrinkles
- 1.1.5 Ingredients for Rosehip Oil Wrinkles Remedy
- 1.1.6 How To Use Rosehip Oil For Skin Care
- 1.1.7 Rosemary Oil as a Deep Cleansing Product
- 1.1.8 Rosemary Oil Deep Cleansing Ingredients
- 1.1.9 How To Use Rosemary Oil as Deep Cleansing Oil
- 1.1.10 Lemon Oil For Treating Anti-aging Skin
- 1.1.11 Lemon Oil Ingredients for Skin
- 1.1.12 How To Apply Lemon Oil For Skin Care
- 1.1.13 Sandalwood Oil For Skin Infections
- 1.1.14 Sandalwood Oil for Skin Remedy Ingredients
- 1.1.15 How To Use Sandalwood Oil For Skin Care
- 1.1.16 Ylang-ylang Oil For Boosting Skin Revival
- 1.1.17 Ylang Ylang Oil Ingredients
- 1.1.18 How To Use Ylang-ylang Oil For Skin Rejuvenation
- 1.1.19 Neroli Oil Has Antifungal Benefits
- 1.1.20 Neroli Oil skin care Ingredients
- 1.1.21 How To Use Neroli Oil For Skin Care
- 1.1.22 Pomegranate Oil To Prevent Photoaging
- 1.1.23 Ingredients for Pomegranate Oil Remedy
- 1.1.24 How To Use Pomegranate on your Skin
- 1.1.25 Frankincense Oil For Even Skin Tone
- 1.1.26 Frankincense Oil Remedy Ingredients
- 1.1.27 How To Use Frankincense Oil on Skin
- 1.1.28 Rose Oil For Better Absorption Of Skin Nutrients
- 1.1.29 Rose oil Skin Remedy Ingredients
- 1.1.30 How To Use Rose Oil For Skin Care
- 1.1.31 Cinnamon Oil For Skin Inflammation
- 1.1.32 Cinnamon oil Ingredients as a Skin Care Product
- 1.1.33 How To Use Cinnamon Oil on Skin
- 1.1.34 Cypress Oil Has Antiseptic Benefits
- 1.1.35 Cypress Oil Ingredients as a Skin Remedy
- 1.1.36 How To Use Cypress Oil on Skin
- 1.1.37 Carrot Seed Oil, a Natural Sunscreen
- 1.1.38 Carrot Seed Oil Ingredients as a Sunscreen
- 1.1.39 How To Use Carrot Seed Oil as a Sun Protector
- 1.1.40 Peppermint Oil For Dandruff Treatment
- 1.1.41 Peppermint Oil Dandruff Remedy Ingredients
- 1.1.42 How To UsePeppermint Oil to Treat Dandruff
- 1.1 14 Bite-sized Tips for Using Essential Oils on your Skin
- 2 What you Need to know before Using Essential Oils for Skin?
14 Bite-sized Tips for Using Essential Oils on your Skin
There are many essential oils available on earth and you may be wondering which one is effective for your skin condition. We’ve listed some of the most common essential oils you can integrate into part of your daily skin care routine:
Tea Tree Oil For Preventing Breakouts
This oil is vital in handling acne conditions. Tea tree oil contains antibacterial features that fight P. acne, the oil also assists in keeping your skin clear and stopping further acne breakouts.
Tea Tree Oil Acne Remedy Ingredients
How To Use Tea Tree Oil to Prevent Acne Breakouts
Rosehip Oil For Wrinkles
This oil is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants that assist in regenerating your cells which results in the disappearance of crow's feet and fine lines you may have.
Ingredients for Rosehip Oil Wrinkles Remedy
How To Use Rosehip Oil For Skin Care
Rosemary Oil as a Deep Cleansing Product
A study done in 2014 showed that rosemary oil is rich in oxidative barriers that assist in inhibiting the dangerous effects of free radicals on your skin. Another benefit of rosemary oil is the reduction of inflammation and boosting the circulation of blood.
Rosemary Oil Deep Cleansing Ingredients
How To Use Rosemary Oil as Deep Cleansing Oil
Lemon Oil For Treating Anti-aging Skin
According to 1999 clinical research, lemon oil was proven to have the effect of minimizing the impact of nitrosative and oxidative stress on the human skin. Applying lemon oil topically prevented signs of aging by inhibiting reaction of free radicals. Apply this remedy once every day.
Lemon Oil Ingredients for Skin
How To Apply Lemon Oil For Skin Care
Sandalwood Oil For Skin Infections
Sandalwood is a common remedy for skin conditions such as boils, acne, and rashes among others. There was research done that had proof of the oil’s ability to prevent, minimize or reverse the risk of skin cancer through its chemopreventive component.
Sandalwood Oil for Skin Remedy Ingredients
How To Use Sandalwood Oil For Skin Care
Ylang-ylang Oil For Boosting Skin Revival
The ylang-ylang oil is popular for its skin preserving qualities. According to researchers, the oil contains antioxidants that boost skin revival through the repair of protein s and lipids within your skin cells. The antioxidants available contain come with the ability to fight free radicals which results in early skin aging. Due to these benefits, you will easily find the ylang-ylang oil in your local pharmacies and common beauty shops.
Ylang Ylang Oil Ingredients
How To Use Ylang-ylang Oil For Skin Rejuvenation
Neroli Oil Has Antifungal Benefits
Neroli oil is an extract from the flowers of the bitter orange fruit. According to research, the oil exhibited a more active antifungal activity in comparison to topical antibiotics. Another significant benefit of neroli oil is the ability to restore your skin’s elasticity.
Neroli Oil skin care Ingredients
How To Use Neroli Oil For Skin Care
Pomegranate Oil To Prevent Photoaging
This oil has polyphenols content which contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidants property. These features enable pomegranate oil to reduce the influence of sunspots, photoaging and preventing cell development of skin cancer.
Ingredients for Pomegranate Oil Remedy
How To Use Pomegranate on your Skin
Frankincense Oil For Even Skin Tone
Frankincense Oil could be the solution to some of the visible marks on your body such as marks as a result of wounds, acne, stretch marks, and even surgery scars. This oil promotes the restructuring of tissue within your skin. According to research, the oil contains a steroid-like structure of pentacyclic triterpene that soothes skin irritation as well as assisting in achieving an even skin tone.
Frankincense Oil Remedy Ingredients
How To Use Frankincense Oil on Skin
Rose Oil For Better Absorption Of Skin Nutrients
This oil has a unique ability to boost your skin’s permeability feature. Based on a study carried out in 2010, the lipophilic content of rose oil opens up the human skin to absorb all the essential chemicals and nutrients better. You can mix rose oil with your beauty products to increase their efficiency.
Rose oil Skin Remedy Ingredients
How To Use Rose Oil For Skin Care
Cinnamon Oil For Skin Inflammation
This oil is common among a variety of skin care products. Cinnamon oil has cinnamaldehyde content that comes with anti-inflammatory features that treat inflammatory cases like itching, rashes, dermatitis, and eczema.
Cinnamon oil Ingredients as a Skin Care Product
How To Use Cinnamon Oil on Skin
Cypress Oil Has Antiseptic Benefits
Did you know that cypress oil will heal your wounds, bruises, and cuts at a fast rate? This oil has the ability to prevent bacterial growth. Cypress oil contains a feature that destroys bacteria and it’s the reason manufacturers use it to make medicated soaps.
Cypress Oil Ingredients as a Skin Remedy
How To Use Cypress Oil on Skin
Carrot Seed Oil, a Natural Sunscreen
Carrot Seed Oil is a common ingredient during aromatherapy due to its sun-protecting features. This oil provides vitamin A to your skin which minimizes the sensitivity of your skin towards ultraviolet rays and as such prevents skin tanning.
Carrot Seed Oil Ingredients as a Sunscreen
How To Use Carrot Seed Oil as a Sun Protector
Peppermint Oil For Dandruff Treatment
This oil has menthol which is an important ingredient in dandruff treatment, it also stimulates your scalp. A separate study showed that the oil also promoted the growth of hair.
Peppermint Oil Dandruff Remedy Ingredients
How To UsePeppermint Oil to Treat Dandruff
What you Need to know before Using Essential Oils for Skin?
Six Precautions When Using Essential Oils For Skin
Always do a patch test on a small part of your skin like the inside of your elbow before using any essential oil. Even though they’re natural, you may have allergic reactions. Don’t use essential oil in its raw form. Dilute with a carrier oil, water or combine it with a beauty cream. If you don’t dilute essential oils before use, their powerful content may affect your skin. Certain oils like citrus oils are phototoxic and they will react negatively when you expose them to sun rays. Use such oils at night before you sleep.
Essential oils aren’t fit for consumption, strictly use them topically. Individuals who have epilepsy or high blood pressure, pregnant women and children should use essential oils only under the prescription of a professional like a dermatologist. These oils are highly reactive and will get damaged when you expose them to either light or heat. Most essential oils come in dark bottles, you should also keep them from direct heat or sunlight.