A tape can remove blackheads, but it is not good for the skin. The overall consensus among professionals and medical practitioners is that it is not recommendable to use tape on your skin. The most usual reasons given for this are due to its possible inefficiency, and most importantly, with the potential further damage you might end up causing to your skin by aggressively spreading duct tape in this way.
If you carry out some research on the internet, it's easy to find plenty of remedies to deal with blackheads. One of the most common techniques seems to be the use of tape, typically duct tape, as an adhesive surface to which the blackheads would, theoretically, stick and thus come off from the skin. There are tutorials and methods concerning this subject, and many individuals do claim to have some level of achievement using this technique. Read on through this article to learn how to use a tape for your blackhead situation.
What are other ways there to Eliminate Blackheads?
- 1 What are other ways there to Eliminate Blackheads?
- 2 Use duct tape To Remove blackheads
- 2.1 Five Steps On Using Duct Tape To Eliminate Blackheads
- 3 Using Scotch Tape To Remove Blackheads
- 3.1 Five Steps on Using a Scotch Tape To Get rid of Blackheads
How To Use Tape To Eliminate Blackheads?
In case you are still determined to try and get rid of your blackheads using duct tape (which, as stated above, is not very recommendable, although there are positive results and testimonies surrounding this), then you may do so at your own risk.
Eight Steps on Removing Blackheads Using a Tape
If you are sure you want to do it, here is the most straightforward technique for removing blackheads using tape:
1. Rinse your face gently using water.
2. Acquire some face soap (use one containing about 2 % of salicylic acid), and spread an amount similar to the size of a dime on the affected part of your face.
3. Take a moment to thoroughly spread and massage the face soap specifically on and around the blackheads and the neighboring pores, thereby assisting in absorbing as well as possible.
4. Take adequate water, rinse off all the soap on your face.
5. Dry your face using a towel until completely dry. Do it gently, though, to not irritate your skin. Rather than massaging hard, try patting gently with a soft dry cloth.
6. Pick a roll of duct tape and carefully cut it into strips that will cover all the necessary parts of your face.
7. You are now ready to place each strip carefully on top of each part and press them down. Ensure you move and massage the tape all around with your fingers to ensure that it has entirely stuck to the skin.
8. By this stage, all that is remaining is to pull the tapes from your face. The way to do this is by using one hand to remove back on the neighboring skin (to prevent you from hurting yourself) and with the other hand, quickly withdrawing the strips, one after another, in quick pulls. Do this with each piece of tape until all come off.
In summary, while it is possible to use tape for getting rid of blackheads, it is not generally recommended. However, in case you do decide to try it, follow the steps as mentioned earlier, make sure you keep safe at all times and consult a dermatologist for further information.
Use duct tape To Remove blackheads
Five Steps On Using Duct Tape To Eliminate Blackheads
Hardly anyone knows that duct tape actually can be used for removing blackheads. It is nothing, but an adhesive tape that you can place on the surface of the skin occurred with blackheads. By pulling this sticky tape, you can easily remove the blackheads from the skin's surface as it won’t require much time to do it as well. Plus, there is no need for assistance from others to get rid of this skin condition. It happens to be one of the best ways for blackheads removal that rarely anyone knows.
Duct tape is very sticky and gummy, and you can utilize a piece of duct tape in the same way you would a commercial Biore strip. Be careful of using this method on parts of your body that are very hairy, such as your underarms or in the crotch part, as you could pull out a lot of hair along with the blackheads. Besides, pulling out hair could be very painful.
1. Cut The Tape to Fit The Blackheads
Cut a square section of duct tape that is sufficiently big that you can use on the part treated.It is an excellent thought to treat one part at a time so that you can focus on what you are doing. Covering your entire face or a big part of the skin with duct tape could get uneasy. This treatment functions best on the skin surface that is clean and very dry.Slice a piece of duct tape that is big enough to use on the part to be treated.
2. Press the Tape Using Your Fingers on The Blackhead Areas
Utilize your fingertips to press down hard on the tape in the region to be addressed.You can push the tape right into the flesh with a deep stroking motion. Most individuals find that duct tape is handy for treating blackheads on your chin, nose, feet, and palms.You can use duct tape to treat blackheads on your feet.
3. Peel the Tape to Remove the Blackheads
Let the tape rest for not more than 3 minutes and then strip it speedily back.Pull the tape in one swift motion for the best outcome. Look underneath the tape you'll see the blackheads you have pulled out of your skin. Discard the tape.Tape the tape down on the part to be treated and then leave it on or two minutes so the blackheads can stick to the underside of the tape.
4. Clean your face gently using a mild cleanser.
A glycerin-based disinfectant product by Oil of Olay Foaming Cleanser or Neutrogena is a favorite because these products will not dry your skin out.Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser like Oil of Olay Oil-Free Foaming Face Wash to remove any residue from the duct tape on your skin.
5. Dab your face dry and let your pores dry out for several hours.
Do not spread a heavy or oily cream after this treatment or you could clog your pores again. Conversely, do not spread a drying agent like rubbing alcohol, or you could provoke your skin pores into producing more sebum and begin the whole cycle of chronically breaking out in blackheads again.
Caution When Using a Duct tape To Remove Blackheads
It is a safe procedure that doesn’t lead to breaking the capillaries because in the part of the nose part capillaries can form effortlessly. Also, there is a belief that duct tape can increase the size of the pores which can lead to blackheads and other skin problems but, this isn’t a relevant belief, because pore sizes actually can get more substantial as a result of excessive sun exposure or some other skin condition.
Using Scotch Tape To Remove Blackheads
Five Steps on Using a Scotch Tape To Get rid of Blackheads
The crystal clear tape from Scotch is the stickiest and as a result the best type of Scotch tape to use for removing blackheads. Scotch tape can assist in eliminating blackheads fast, especially if your skin is a little dryer. If your skin is very oily, a scotch tape may not be as useful as duct tape for removing blackheads. Avoid putting the scotch tape on parts of your body that are hairy as removing the tape could be painful. It makes no difference whether or not you use translucent or clear translucent Scotch tape although the clear transparent type might be a bit tackier than the translucent type.
1. Cut Scotch Tape Into Strips Enough For Your Blackheads
Cut Scotch tape strips that are big enough to be used on the part treated utilizing the blade that comes on the dispenser. You may need to cut a lot of strips to cover the whole part.The recommendation is that you should use a strip once because a Scotch tape does not remain adhesive enough for you to use it repeatedly over the same part and in fact, reuse of the tape could spread infection and bacteria from comedones that have already come off.Scotch tape comes in a dispenser with a sharp blade that can help you measure the right size o tape to put on your skin.
2. Press the Scotch Tape Down Against Your Blackheads
Press the Scotch tape on the part to be treated and push hard using your fingers.Make sure your skin is dehydrated. Since this type of tape is transparent, you may see the comedones of the blackheads poking out of your skin surface as you smooth the tape down over your skin.Spread the Scotch tape on your skin and press down hard, making sure it clings to the skin surface.
3. Peel the Scotch Tape to Remove the Blackheads
Let the tape rest for around a minute and then peel it back speedily.Peel the tape back in one swift ripping movement the blackheads out of your skin surface. When you look underneath the tape should reveal the blackheads you have pulled out of your skin. Discard the tape.
4. Clean your face gently using a mild cleanser
A medicated cleanser such as Neutrogena or a medicated cleansing cloth from Oil of Olay functions well to remove the sticky residue of the Scotch tape. Neutrogena Medicated Cleanser is an excellent choice for washing your face after you remove
5. Dry Your Face and Let The Freshly Cleaned Pores Air Out
Dab your face dry and let your newly cleaned pores air out for a while.Do not spread heavy moisturizers, powders or makeup until your face no longer feels sticky to the touch.